Frequently Asked Questions


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse imperdiet maximus odio, sodales ultrices nisl viverra vitae. Phasellus lacus ex, finibus id faucibus ut, aliquet ut metus. Vestibulum aliquam turpis sit amet diam facilisis, sit amet facilisis risus aliquet.

What if I am experiencing an emergency?

If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, immediately call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.

If you are experiencing a serious mental health crisis, please call HAWAIʻI Cares Lifeline at 988.

You may reach your provider after hours for urgent matters by calling Physician’s Exchange. Local: (808) 524-2575 / Toll Free: (800) 360-2575.

Please refrain from calling the Physician’s Exchange for prescription refills or requests to make appointment.

Can I walk in?

Wahiawā Health will take walk-ins on a limited basis. Please call ahead of time so that you do not have to wait to be seen.

Is Wahiawā Health part of Wahiawā General Hospital?

No, we are a free-standing outpatient clinic. If you have an emergency, Wahiawā General Hospital has an emergency room that is open 24 hours /7 days a week.

How do I become a patient?

You may download a new patient registration form and call us for an appointment at (808) 622-1618.

Does Wahiawā Health accept private insurance?

Yes, please see Financial/Insurance Options listed under the Patient Information tab for a list of insurance plans we currently accept. If you do not see your insurance provider listed or have any further questions please feel free to call us at (808) 622-1618. If you have questions about your copayments or insurance coverage, please contact your insurance provider directly.

Can I visit Wahiawā Health if I am uninsured?

Yes, we welcome everyone in the community regardless of ability to pay. Our patient advocate can help you navigate our sliding fee scale on your first visit and help you apply for Med-QUEST, Hawaiʻi’s Medicaid managed health care program.

To apply for the sliding fee scale or Med-QUEST, please bring the following documents for your first appointment with us:

  1. A valid photo identification (a driver’s license, a passport, green card or a valid state of Hawaiʻi ID).
  2. Proof of residency (this can include a bill addressed to you, such as cable, water or electric bill, or a signed lease).
  3. Income verification (three pay stubs, a tax return, unemployment registration, proof from the Department of Human Services or proof of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).

Does Wahiawā Health provide emotional support animal certification?

While we understand how important pets can be to the physical and emotional health of our patients, Wahiawā Health does not provide emotional support animal verification letters.

Because emotional support animals are not required to meet the stringent requirements of a service animal, our providers are unable to verify that your pet has completed the training needed to ensure public safety.

To find a licensed therapist who may provide you with a verification letter, please visit: https://www.esaregistration.org/faq/

Wahiawā Health looks forward to continuing to provide you and your family with access to affordable, quality and wellness services to promote a healthy community.

Mahalo for your understanding.

Americans with Disabilities Act – Service and Emotional Support Animals
Service animals are defined by Title II and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability.

Emotional support animals, comfort animals, and therapy dogs are not considered service animals under Title II and Title III of the ADA. Other types of animals, wild or domestic, trained or untrained, are also not considered service animals. The duties performed by service animals must be directly related to an individual’s disability.

The ADA does not recognize letters from providers to consider the animal to be a service animal.